Many of our patients have similar questions about dermatology and diseases of the skin, hair and nails. If the answer you are looking for is not listed, please give us a call at 850.474.4775 and a nurse will be happy to assist you.
I have been referred to the Henghold Skin Health and Surgery Group for a suspicious lesion.
Now that your dermatologist or primary physician has referred you to us, it is important that we prepare you for your appointment. For an initial consultation appointment, you can expect to be in our office for approximately one hour. Your surgeon will meet with you one-on-one, review your records, perform an exam and make recommendations regarding treatment.
If your referring physician has not previously done so, a skin biopsy may be performed with additional arrangements for surgery if necessary.
- Can I see a surgeon without being diagnosed with skin cancer?
- What insurance providers do you accept?
- What is skin cancer?
- What are the most common warning signs of skin cancer?
- What should I look for when choosing sun screen?
- How do I protect myself from skin cancer?
- What is Mohs Surgery?
- Why is fellowship training important?
- What is our care philosophy?
- What should I do before my appointment?
- What should I do after treatment or surgery?
- How often should I get screened for skin cancer?
- Do you have any educational resources for me?
- What is the difference between a plastic surgeon excising my cancer versus a Mohs surgeon?